View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
lil_missfit

Rep Power: 24 lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future lil_missfit has a brilliant future
As the "small salon owner" you want to do whatever you can to create your own niche in your market. Some of the above topics are true for the small salon owner. We are at our salons more, our clients see us more, have more contact, we can give the occassional "better deal" that our employees are not allowed to give.

As to bad customer service with the big guys. There again, it depends on them. With the salon in my area, the owner has a bad reputation with being rude and arrogant, his staff is pushy. There again, that is them. I have had the opportunity to visit two completely different markets in the past week. Both salon owners have 15+ stores. They and their employees seemed to go above and beyond for me and their customers. Am I glad they they are not my competition, "oh yeah". Can we survive and compete. Sure, but you had better be willing to work your butz off! Just my two cents!
lil_missfit is offline   Reply With Quote