View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
ramcat

Rep Power: 21 ramcat is a splendid one to behold ramcat is a splendid one to behold ramcat is a splendid one to behold ramcat is a splendid one to behold ramcat is a splendid one to behold ramcat is a splendid one to behold
The main facts are that the smaller salon owners, and I mean the one salon owner, is usually present and provides individual customer service. This is the purest form of service as it is the owner talking directly to the customer. Addressing the customers concerns themself, instead of a teenager. The single salon owner is at the salon doing the ordering, the cleaning and ensures that everything is as it should be.

The multi-salon owner is absent from their salons 1 portion of the time, depending upon the number of salons owned. (i.e. 2 salons = 1/2 day in each; 3 salons = 1/3 day in each, etc.) they cannot keep up with the customers, nor are they present to handle the customer concerns. They hire teenagers, or hire a "Manager" that is still a hired employee. If the owner is lucky, the employees won't steal them blind or give away the tans to every relative they have.

If things go wrong, the single owner is there to handle it, the multi-salon owner will get there eventually or have to try to handle it over the phone.

In my humble opinion, I think that the single salon owner will survive just fine (or I hope so as I am among them). Providing that 'extra' service by being present will go further than having someone else there and hoping that the beds are properly cleaned, towels cleaned and not just refolded, etc...etc....etc....

ramcat is offline   Reply With Quote