View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
LeadStampede.com

Hello Genius and Sparkie,

Thank you for your posts.

Genius, you didn't read my post...

The state shows up on the labels when you download the entire data base. But in my post I explained that it DOES NOT show up when you download to Excell or any spreadsheet. Just labels.

Labels are not what you want to use in your marketing because labels reduce response by up to 80%.

Labels = junk mail and your marketing piece gets tossed in the trash.

You need to print directly on your envelope or postcard to make it look more personal. You need to make everything fly under the junk mail radar. That's not my opinion. That's based upon direct marketing research, and based upon my own tests.

Therefore we need to download to a data base like Excell and use it to print on envelopes and postcards. The STATE DOES NOT SHOW UP WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE DATA BASE INTO EXCELL...

Secondly, we want to segment our list and create marketing messages for each segment...Mystic tan members get mystic tan marketing messages, regular tanners get regular tanning marketing messages, etc. The only way to get these lists is to use the Label function. But as I just explained, labels are a sure fire way to lose money and we need to download to an Excell or similar format so we can print direct on envelopes and postcards (or so our mail house can do this as well). This way you maximize response on your marketing efforts, otherwise you are just using a shotgun approach that dilutes response. Target marketing is the only way to maximize response and profits.

Helios does not allow you to download these different lists into Excell or similar data base. Only labels. Again...labels are a surefire way to make less money.

So in other words we can only get our entire list downloaded to Excell, not different segments of the list based upon purchasing habits, BUT IT'S STILL USELESS BECASUE THE STATE DOES NOT SHOW UP when you download the entire data base to Excell (or any other database.)

We have spoken with Jason, and he does not have an answer.

What is Smart Mail? Jason never recommended this and we don't see it as part of the software.

LeadStampede.com is offline   Reply With Quote