View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
MJ

Rep Power: 23 MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice
Jewel,
I used to get sales calls...and I tried to be nice. At first. Really I was.
~Then when no thanks was not good enough.
~NO remove my name from the list... did not work.
~Putting them on hold for 20 minutes and then hanging up on them.
Only for them to call back and say we were disconnected. :EEEEEEK:
So I tell them, no we weren't--- stop calling here.
'click'!
None of these thing worked. But all that stuff did was put me in rotation for another representative call me days later...

Oh and the 'do not call list'...what a joke.
That did not work either.

I finally learned from a seasoned salon owner the trick to getting rid of pests.

Not need for raid or a fog horn.

I know some of you may disagree but a spamming telemarketing free phone line proves it works....
here it is:
The same women kept call me for weeeeeks. I finally surprised her and said 'wow you are right! I just have to try your lotion. What is the best deal you have for me?

She rambled on for a few minutes(while I picked my teeth clean from lunch.) and I said fine send me that. It ended up ordering 30 bottles get 30 free plus some crap....bluh bluh bluh
I even joked with her see persistance really does pay huh? before we hung up she was proud of herself.

Long and short of it it was over 300 bucks.....COD
I told her send it COD since I do not have my CC on me.

She did her job met her quota and was happy.

It came, I refused I checked the box on the delivery form 'did not order'

They never called again.
I used that method only 4 times/ different mfgs in the last 2 years.THAT is how you get taken off their telemarketing rotation sales call list.

NOw occasionally I just get those sales faxes from a few companies.
Ahhh peace and I no longer fear answering the phone. To enjoy a telemarketing free spring...do it ASAP. Before they get all geered up to sell sell for season.

OHH another way to get on their list is to attend a trade show. NEVER EVER ever ever ever give your business card or real salon number to the booth operators for them to send you samples.
Your just asking for a aneurysm in March by doing that.

PS In the event the same company does happen to call you after that..This has happened twice.
Just say 'ohh yeah, I remember you guys!" They are surpised when I say You know what could you send me the same order I had last time."
They look up my salon and usually hang up on me. hehehheehheheheehohmysidehehehe
they hang up on me.

[ This Message was edited by: MJ on 2004-12-01 00:00 ]
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote