View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sherin
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 24 Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute Sherin has a reputation beyond repute
OK. I have had several african-american ladies this week ask me about spray tanning . Do they make a really dark solution for dark skin?
I also have several african-american clients that tan on a regular basis.
I have read the opinion that indoor UV light helps their skin absorb more Vitamin D, which is hindered by the dark pigment of the skin. Statistically, African Americans are afflicted with a higher rate of Rickets than the general population, which can be caused by a Vitamin D deficiency during pre-natal growth. I have also read that Vitamin D deficiency it theorized to contribute to the cause of MS, depression, schizofrenia (sp) among other diseases, with a higher rate in the Pacific Northwest (USA) due to lack of sunlight or UV exposure. Interesting Stuff! I like River_Brat's idea of putting info in the lobby to educate the tanners! Is the book worth buying?
Sherin is offline   Reply With Quote