View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sheila in Minnesota

Rep Power: 23 Sheila in Minnesota is a jewel in the rough Sheila in Minnesota is a jewel in the rough Sheila in Minnesota is a jewel in the rough Sheila in Minnesota is a jewel in the rough
How about this reasoning?

They come and PAY you for RESULTS... and part of being the Professional behind the desk is understanding that CRAP FILLERS (allowed by the government) are not FOUND in salon quality products....

If they care so little for their skin - then they should not be tanning it.

and I care too much for my equipment to allow that CRAP on the beds....

Now - MANY LOTIONS have the base product of WATER (purified aqua is no better my lovelies then saying purified water )

Truth be told... ALOE BASED has only a tiny bit of the FULL STRENGTH aloe in it... it is cut with water.... pure aloe is a bloody irritant.

Not only do Salon Quality products have a HIGHER GRADE of ingrediants they also lack the bullsh*t ingrediants that are bad for the skin, the equipment and the results of tanning ....

Years ago - the first 5 ingrediants on the label were SUPPOSED to be listed in the percentages of inclusion ....this would show the consumer what they were paying for... This was regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Then the Cosmetics and Toiletries folks lobbied to become 'Self Regulated' and also - claimed that by HAVING TO COMPLY with the FTC rule of listing in percentage of inclusion - - it was allowing others to COPY their propritory formulas..... (knock offs)....

Truth be told - there is no one really 'policing' the quality or the comments made by many of these fly by nite lotion companies.... the consumer has ZERO protection from lies and bad crap in a bottle....

So the only thing you can do is do not allow this crap in your salon and offer to take their cost of the crap product off the purchase of a salon product.... they will quickly see the difference cause it is like "Pinto vs Lexus"

Beware the Tadpole From Oz!!
Kill Spam before it Kills YOU![ This Message was edited by: Sheila in Minnesota on 2004-07-27 16:30 ]
Sheila in Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote