View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
X-Treme Tropix

There is alot more positive things in tanning than most realize..such as you emlove. I am originally from Hawaii but since moving to Missouri I now tan indoors due to psoriasis and unless you think I can run around butt naked ....you tell me what should I do. I've never had such a miserable skin disorder until I moved to the mainland and it breaks out bad in the winter when sun exposure is limited. Medications that the dermatologist gives me is literally over $150 dollars and no generic brand for it. He suggested I do photolight treatment and for $20 at 2minutes session (my insurance doesn't cover it). I opted to go into a tanning bed. People that are against it do not understand that there are good reasons that UV exposure gives you if done properly and understand the process. I for one prefer to have a nice TAN over any paleness any day. Many times while growing up in Hawaii I would see the tourist on the beach that is severely "WHITE & PALE" and feel very sorry for them because those are the ones that will suffer the consequences due to burning and their lack of exposing themselves to UV rays prior to going on these trips. Tanning is a good thing if done in moderation like anything else in LIFE. So to all of you who are so extreme and against tanning salons...get your facts straight before bashing and being so one sided about the issue of skin cancer.
X-Treme Tropix is offline   Reply With Quote