View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
emlove3

i think pale and proud is just trying to inform ppl to just be safe when it comes to tanning (since afterall she did lose somoeone close to her)...i'm not against tanning salons but i think maybe ppl should be aware that it is dangerous..because your increasing your risk for skin cancer....i mean i went to the salon twice and i got dark but the tan fade over a few days..and everyone knows that in order to keep a tan you have to keep tanning because it's not permananent and thats what makes it a risk for skin cancer (beacuse of sunlight exposure AND tanning beds)..i stopped tanning cuz i got fed up w/ trying to keep it...it's like a drug lols...i've read some of the post on here and i think maybe some ppl should rethink what they say....because you can get CANCER from tanning/overexposure to sunlight or ultraviolet lights..family genes increases your chances but also overexposing yourself to the sun or ultraviolet lights too. also, i'm light skinned and i don't think i look unhealthy..whats wrong w/ having natural skin color...if you think having a deep dark tan would be healthier then something must be wrong w/ you. another thing i would like to point out is that most of you associate tanning w/ smoking and drinking...but the thing is there isn't any age limit to tanning like there is to smoking and drinking...my cousin's friends who are 14-15 yrs of age are going to these salons...i know that anyone can just go in the sun..but just think about it you go to the beach, run, play, garden, swim...your always going to be expose to the sun unless you live in a box for the rest of your life..but the fact of the matter is that salon's just add more sun exposure...unless your very careful about it..
emlove3 is offline   Reply With Quote