View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
anna_tanna
I'm Banned

Lotion: Designer Skin and John Abate. These two not only have a great resale value, but they both have great results to the tanners and they smell good in the bottle and even hours later.

Body jewelry does do well for us. There are a lot of people out there these days with belly buttons, eye brows and noses pierced and they are forever looking for another place to buy more stuff and at a better price. As for where to buy: we have access to several wholesale stores in our area with great prices. You can also get a lot of this stuff from your lotion distributor.

Swim suits do ok. They are expensive to buy even wholesale. You can get pre-packs from Venus and Tan Thru, but they will be a year or two old and you get little to no choice as to what comes in them

A salon I know of has started carrying silver jewelry, purses, cute flip flops, clothes etc... and they are doing great with some things and really bad with others - try to stay away from clothes so much. Silver is popular now and women who don't even tan will come look if you advertise.

You will just have to try things a little at a time and see how it goes. Make your initial investment small just in case what you are trying is a flop, then think of people you can give the stuff to as Christmas presents!

Teeth whitening is big craze these days too. I however have not gotten a whole lot of info on it to pass on to you..........somebody else here knows, I'm sure.

I am associated with 2 salons. One sells items at twice what they had to pay for them.......including lotions, and the other sells for 45% above what the book says is wholesale or salon cost. Try to stay below what is called "retail", because your customers will figure it out eventually and appericate it, but it also keeps you competative.

At any rate........use your best judgement and good luck!
anna_tanna is offline   Reply With Quote