View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
MJ

Rep Power: 23 MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice
You devalue your salon right of the bat.
And set a pattern of them (if they stay) looking for more deals...
HOW can you do better then FREE?

Some may not agree with me..and well ask me if I care.
I am posting this to prevent newbies from making a mistake...that not only will leave alot of money on the table. But they also set up the new client to subconscienciously not trust you.

Free why is free???
hmmm they must suck...
We all know nothing in life is free.
Right?? so the Customers who are willing pay good money for a good tan and average or above normal intelligence will wonder FREE ...why?
Do you get your first dinner free at local resturants?
First cut free at hair salons?
we have all heard this arguement before.
the reason why it comes up is because it is valid arguement.

All you do is attract the freebie vultures.That salon hop and never ever pay for a tan.

Even carpet cleaners give you a FREE cleaning IN ONE small room...usually only IF you get 2 or more rooms cleaned at the same time. Right????
A few regularly priced small packages....with Freebies attached. Like two free upgrades. Or maybe a 3 pack..to be used in 7 days...at a nice get them in the door rate.
I offer Buy one get one free. This works well for me.
I do not have a student rate..so it is single walk in rate. If you have a student rate..it is not smart to double discount anything.
Offer it to them at adult rate.
As for basic packages...
Whether you choose minutes, points, visits, sunnies, or stars..however you set up your packages....Do not come out the gate LOW!!

Note: never forget it is easy to add value....have specials... Coupons...
If you need to lower the prices later.

But it is very hard to go up in prices...especially if you are new.

You will have to justify a price increase in the clients eyes..that is not easy eevn with experienced salon owners. Even harder for newbies.

Start out smart and high..adjust accordingly.
JMHO
And Free is only asking for people to pretend to be 5 different clients with different employees...on different shifts. Because they never want to pay for a tan. Why leave money on the table and clusterkc*F your database with BS names...and addresses??

Good Luck All...
have a great season.

Total world domination will be MINE..including Canada!!
MuhahahahahahahHA

[ This Message was edited by: MJ on 2004-02-19 23:55 ]
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote