View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
unity
I vote for DERF!

Rep Power: 22 unity is just really nice unity is just really nice unity is just really nice unity is just really nice unity is just really nice
One thing I have learned through other is not to buy too much equipment at first. Purchase a few beds, have rooms ready for more. This not only lowers your up-front costs but feed back from customers about beds and bed usage will help you decide on future purchases. Southerntan is right about spray tanning , its a lot cheaper to setup than a bed and its a good niche to go after. Just do your research on that too! The key factor is the solution , a good solution will give good results. We use Amber-Mist - is there somthing better? Probably, but for now we like it and our customers do too. A bad solution can make customers orange or unhappy, and in a city of 40,000 it wont take long for people to say "dont try that, it sucked". I grew up in a town that size and saw first-hand how the salons opened and closed, once you have a bad first impression in tanning it is hard to recover!

[ This Message was edited by: unity on 2004-02-03 13:11 ]
unity is offline   Reply With Quote