View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
keyser

Its funny I start a post on why Franchise Tanning is going to be the Killer in this industry and in the same breath of fresh Air I have claim they are going to Help so many of Us in such ways that we could never dream.

I guess I AM going to have to spell this out for all the Idiots that do not understand this concept of business.......

And when I am done Even Sheila with her 6 bed store that amounts to nothing will have no Logical reply to this at all, And my case will be made and heard once and for all.

Indoor tanning has been a very unique business since its conception in the late 70 "s for the most part yes we can back a bit further but who is really counting.

It was a business that saw a great deal of underdeveloped business folks enter it and make lots of money in a short amount of time ESP when the early 80 "s rolled around anyone with a store of any kind was cashing in huge :}}}}}}

And then the bust late 80 "s early nineties saw tanning becoming very stale in a lot of markets around the country the owners that cashed in 5 to 10 years previous were now either out of it or getting out or shutting down.

The mid nineties came thru Tanning was alive again the High pressure beds were catching back on more younger folks with a lack of a good business plan where coming back into the industry Full speed ahead it was everyone wanted to get back into the once dead tanning business big beds high tanning prices and lots of profits with little training if any at all ,,,,,IT WAS ALL GOOD ......

That was then in a basic Nutshell

This is Now
And listen very closely Because no one is going to tell You how it really is but myself because. Why You say No one else is going too and I do care For a lot of people in this industry wither You want to believe me or not, AND not to mention There is not one single person or company in this industry that threatens mine at any level, You can take that to the Bank .............

Anyhow
The time is now for big business to make its move on You THE Little Guy

Look around ,,,,,,Bigger stores Bigger beds Bigger and more lavishing buildouts,Cheaper Tanning pricing ,,,,,Big bed companies getting behind selected chains and franchises ,,,,,

Hello Mcfly IF YOU cannot see this handwriting on the wall YOU ARE An IDIOT.

DO you think that once corporate America Gets in, They are Leaving, If you think that I have some land to sell You in Japan ........

They are here in full stride making arrangements making deals getting and grabbing locations at least the one "s that are worth anything, That are left to grab which isn't really all that much at least I feel that way unless of course they are going into very light markets of which I do not know of any ?????

In the End You will wake up very soon in the next 36 months or less and Say WHAT HAPPENED TO ME .....And its going to Happen to You and me and everyone else out there ,,,,,,,The Mom and pop Killers are coming for ME AND YOU and they take No prisoners.

They have lots of money and they have no morals on who they crush or run out of business all they care about is the bottom line, It makes no difference who works there counters Tanners have no regard for Your store NO MATTER WHAT YOU MIGHT THINK ,,,,,,They go where its convenient and cheap and good Beds.

I know some of you very small owners want to think not,,,You think that Your service is so great and You are such a good person and know everyone by first name
YOU ARE WRONG DEAD WRONG.

They well leave You maybe not this season maybe not even next season but they will leave You .......If this wasn't the case there wouldn't be so many salons that open or expand Think about that ......

And some of say well what about the not so big guys who have less then 20 store ,,, DO you think WE are going to sit back and take it **** no we won "t ,, WE will fight them to the end Just like You ,,,, However the difference is WE have more money more stores and more buying power then You ,,, IN return You will lose This is business, This is how it works, Can You go out and lease a 24 to 3000 sq. foot building in a major market and pay top rent, NO YOU CANT, I can and so can corporate America.

You see the aim they are taking is this ,,,,,ALL markets and market conditions change, Some area trade areas that were Hot a couple of years ago have now cooled off ....People move and are always looking t move upwards in life not backwards so where Your once 200 grand a year store is Now ,,,, In 3 Will be 125 grand in certain areas Not all but a lot, And guess what Who will be in the new developed trade area "s Not You ????????

Big tanning is not going to close You down this year coming or even next year However by year 3 the impact is going to be felt at a Huge level unforeseen ever in this industry For sure .........

They said 30 years ago when Mom and pop diners where everywhere that franchises stood no chance at all, they couldn't deliver the goods and service.

What happened to Mom and Pop ???????
They are gone because they didn't listen and the same concerns and questions they stated WE are doing now in Tanning ........

THIS IS A FACT.

Not to mention all the big regional players Like darque tan who are doing listening agreements do You think Robbie is in business to PAY YOUR RENT HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA....I think not. He is just an example nothing more so do not take this out of context and run with it Big mouth .......

SO what is the answer to the million dollar question .........

Why should I tell any of You ,,,,,,I owe You nothing and You owe me nothing?

You think posters like ME are a joke or are using scare tactics But am I ??????

There isn't one item on this above post any of YOU can say isn't true at ALL.....

AND if you do or Can You are dead already and just do not know it as of Yet.

Tanning is changing and is changing Faster then You think

I would wish You luck but its obvious that so Many of You on here Know so much more then I do ........

The life of .COM it is a very sick and twisted one I must admit

But I do not KNOW any other way ...............

Regards Ps Hey big mouth how is my spelling on this post :}}}}}}
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote