View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
engfant

Rep Power: 29 engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute engfant has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
On 2003-09-09 20:53, schoolboy wrote:
Little white spots can be caused by 1) pressure points caused by not moving in the bed 2) former injury to the skin or most common 3) tinea versicolor a harmless little fungus that drops from our head hair and lands on skin and prevents tanning. It can be eliminated in two weeks by using a good dandruff shampoo. I have heard that Nioxin hair product is good.
Schoolboy

Ummm just to let you know Tinea versicolor has NOTHING to do with hair. I have had this forever and is usually genetic. My father is BALD and gets it. EVERYONE has this. Basically a build up of oil in the skin that a fungus thrives on. It's just something that is usually washed off before it has a chance to show up. NOTHING TO DO WITH HAIR except that sweating is the cause of it. Any place that sweat (and oil) gets trapped it will show up. I get it in the back of my knees and I can tell you that there is NO hair there. Dandruff shampoo (some) happen to have an ingredient that rids of the spots. I know everything there is to know about it (had to live with this growing up you see). Did I forget to mention that is has NOTHING TO DO WITH HAIR?
engfant is offline   Reply With Quote