View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
lotiongirl

Alias,
I am not sure why you are so offended. I am merely posing a question because I am curious how the salon owner views me as a lotion sales rep. The point that I am trying to make is that not all salespeople are out purely for the almighty dollar. Now I am not saying that I would give up my paycheck to continue doing my job, but I have personally steered customers away from the spiff product b/c it would not be in the best interest of the salon owner to carry the specific product, ie. Salon owner can't sell tingle to save her life, but I have a spiff on a very high tingle, I am not going to encourage her to buy 3 cases of it just so I can get the spiff. I would rather build a rapport with the salon owner so that they trust and respect my opinion, and more importantly keep ordering from me BECAUSE the trust and respect my opinion. Sure it would be nice to make the quick buck, but in the long run, that helps no one. We are in such a volatile industry already, why try to sabotage it more.
I am sorry that you are so offended by my post. I was just hoping to see that salon owners don't look at all sales people as money hungry liars.
lotiongirl is offline   Reply With Quote