Thread: Teenage Acne
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 04:46 PM   #121 (permalink)
marylynne82

Quote:
On 2003-03-17 22:29, Caniac wrote:
I asked his dad, and yes it's been about 5 months. He has extremely dry skin and lips. And his face is red. Nose bleeds at the drop of a hat. The past two weeks, he has had quite an attitude. Even towards me. He's a pitcher on the HS baseball team, and lately, he acts like he doesn't even want to play. He's even gone so far as to call me to come get him out of class so he wouldn't have to act like a judge. This is an honors student with a 4.0 gpa. He's even lost interest in his dog. He's 15. I don't see a major improvement at all. I'm becoming extremely worried about him. His dad is going to call his derm. I know he only washes his face once a day. Where can I get basis lotion?

You can find basis lotion at Walmart. I hope he is just using water to wash his face and not soap too. I'm sure he has lost interest in many things. You just need to remind him that things will get better. Put yourself in his shoes-I'm not sure how bad he has acne, but if its pretty bad imagine how you would feel. Maybe he doesn't want everyone looking at him when he plays baseball. When I had acne I didn't want people looking at me. I tried to hide in the corners and not say anything. I didn't want to bring attention to myself. I didn't understand why anyone would want to be friends with me. Its just hard for others to imagine I guess. Things do get better though.
marylynne82 is offline   Reply With Quote