View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
fungirlz

I had a very interesting conversation with a lovely young college girl this afternoon who tans on a regular basis in a salon near her college in Mississippi....

When I heard about her buying her lotions on line..I asked her why she does this.....
It was all about the price.....and her need to save money..
We spent quite a bit together talking about this situation and you know what I think here people....
THIS YOUNG LADY MADE A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE!!!

Dollars are important to each of us....
We are in business to make money yes in deed....
but I want to speak for my self on this one and say I am in this industry because of my passion for what it is that we do.......WE SERVE PEOPLE...and in SERVICE we do what we each feel is the best.......

What I am going to do is this...
High School and College kids who bring in their report card with good grades will get a perk.....maybe buy a package and get your lotion at 30% off........... something..... my goodness..........Yes I need to pay my bills...yes I need to pay my staff and keep my studio up to standards and educate about proper tanning....but I also need to help people acheive their goals......and if they are having a hard time with the $$$$ well.....I need to be aware that I want to keep them as apart of what we do......
Also I am going to help my guests out with running lotion specials through-out the months.......like do a special feature on a certain lotion at 30% off....to generate their desire to reach their goals with the brands we have on our shelves.....

We have been in business a long time and we continue to grow and strengthen our corner on the indoor tanning market in our area despite the fact that several salons are near by and new ones are springing up all over the place.....

I appreciate my guests......with-out them I wouldn't have a job........

C

[ This Message was edited by: fungirlz on 2003-03-16 21:13 ]
fungirlz is offline   Reply With Quote