View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Andy

Rep Power: 25 Andy has a spectacular aura about Andy has a spectacular aura about
Sure Kent, here you go:

First create the appropriate Division and Department to reflect the applicable SubTotals on the Sales Reports.

Try to start the Sales codes with a common letter that is not used on other Services to all of the applicable Sales codes will be together on your Search Screens.

On the Financial Tab, code the Sales Code Type as Service (could be Misc but I think Service is better).

On the Operations Tab, also Track Performer so you can identify the individual performing the Service separate from the Cashier handling front counter function.

Commission will be awarded to the Performer if both a Cashier and Performer are recorded. If the Therapist is an Independant operator but you are handling the administration you could set the Commission rate at 80% for example if you receive 20% for the admin function - just an example.

You may also wish to set up a Sales Code for TIPS also tracking Performer with a Commission Rate of 100%.

When you tick Track Performer you will see an additional area on the Intelligence Screen. This allows you to set the fee for the sales code service by Performer is different fees by individual are applicable. You could also set a default price on the Financial Tab and enter the additional fee by Performer on the Intelligence Tab.

I have one Client that offers a group of "Spa" services in a package. Here we listed the various services in the "Print Message" area and they print on the top of the receipt and can be used by the performer and customer to mark off the use of each service within the package.

I also have another client that sells Packages of Massage Therapy sessions. They use an Accumulator set to Massage Therapy just like Points or Sessions and have sales codes to sell 5 or 10 "sessions" and a separate Sales Code to "use" these sessions ... just like tanning but no Tanning Time therefore no bed interface.

If you wish to use the Appt Book (Hair - which is really Performer), you will have to set up a Position (Massage Therapist) in the Employee that TAKE appointments and then related that position to the appropriate Employees (Performers). These Employees will then appear in the Appt Book and you can set appointments. Remember I am not a fan of the Helios (or any computerized) appt book -- sometimes a paper pad is just more effective and easier to use.

You would also want to set the Service Time on the Operations Tab of any "Service" for which appts would be set and you would want to adjust your Store Hours in the System Preferences so the appropriate hours appear in the Appt Book. The appt time gap is also set in the System Preferences.

Hope this helps ... any further question, post away.

Andy Thompson
ACT Business Solutions
Toll-Free 877-777-6717
andy@atso.ca
ACT Help Center [ This Message was edited by: Andy @ ATSO.ca on 2002-11-08 11:33 ]
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote