Thread: White Spots
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
fungirlz

Marty & Carol
Experienced Tantalker

Posted: 5/10/02 7:19p
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my daughter had this on her face, the dermatologist told her to use the same Lamasil you use for athletes foot, he said it would work better and/or the same as a prescription and is a lot less expensive.

It was gone quickly, and I've since had 2 pharmacist/clients tell me they've known about this form of treatment for a while.

Salacylic acid is found in some of the treatments and is also found in some astringents.

We have also seen an increase of this problem over the years with the use of tingle lotions on the face. One probably has nothing to do with the other however, Don?

C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joined: Nov 16, 2000 | Posts: 161 | From: NY | IP: 24.92.254.153 | Moderate

Don Smith
Master Tantalker
Posted: 5/10/02 7:31p

Carol:

The so-called "tingle" lotions are vasodilators and the only possible relationship that I can think of is that perhaps they could irritate the Tinea versicolor infection and make it itch.

Don

fungirlz is offline   Reply With Quote