View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 06:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
fungirlz

That is why I have been so out spoken Don on "US" as owners knowing Skin.. Continuing our education and being "professional"..

Most "professionals" need continuing education each and every year to keep their license active... Not the tanning business.. (shaking my head slowly and shrugging)..

There are sooooo many benefits to what we do with our machines... Can the average ( I said average) salon owner tell you why a certain number of minutes "may" benefit a "condition". Can the average owner tell you "NO" you do not qualify for one of our machines...and turn someone away or recommed another alternative for the guest to "help" them reach their goal...??
I go around and visit quite a few salons.. and from what I see and hear out in the average place.. is not real good/ infact some of what I see and hear is mind blowing...

I am not telling you anything you don't all ready know.. Go visit 6 salons in your area and come back with a report.. ( you will be shocked!!)
I am saying we must make some very serious changes if we are to continue to move forward!
We need to raise the standard of training for certification.. We need to become more professional more aware and more knowledgeable in our profession regarding what we do and SAY in our facilities... or we as an industry as a whole can not and will not survive the coming years..

C
fungirlz is offline   Reply With Quote