View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Don Smith

Rep Power: 26 Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold Don Smith is a splendid one to behold
Michael:

When I lived near New York City, I was appalled when a woman was stabbed and killed in front of over 50 people who did nothing to save her life (the killing was "caught" on videotape).

When those who had "turned away" were asked why they did not come to her aid, the UNIVERSAL response was that "they did not want to get involved" and so they walked on.

When the same people were asked what they would have wanted those walking by to do if it had been THEM that was being killed, the UNIVERSAL response was that they "hoped someone would come to their aid" and save their life!

What an incredible "disconnect" from reality!

When the same people were asked what they would have done if they had known the person being killed, the UNIVERSAL response was that they "would have come to their aid" and tried to save them.

So, it appears that "human nature" dictates that most people are only willing to "get involved" if it is their ox that is getting gored and/or if the ox is owned by a friend/relative. Sad!

Solid has designed a "system" that takes most of the work out of protesting and there is still a reluctance to "get involved" in protesting these important issues.

The motto of MOST tanning salon owners should be:

"I don't want to get involved UNLESS the problem is in my backyard and then I want all of you to drop what you are doing and save my *** even though I am not willing to do the same for you."

Don "Sorely Troubled By The Apathy Of My Peers" Smith
Don Smith is offline   Reply With Quote