View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Michael_W

Lotions are different than your tanning beds... People will buy them based soley on price and convenience (but if they see it online for half of what you offer - you better believe they will buy it). If you discount your lotions however - they will learn that you are willing to drop price in order to retain there business. You also would have to drop it so low to compete, that you are not really making too much money from it.

One way to keep them purchasing from you, is to offer a free session in one of your upgraded systems if they purchase it from you. I allow customers to use my Sunsport ($29.00 a session), My Mystic ($29.00 a session), or my Double Shot ($20.00 a session). When you sell the lotion, you tell them you are going to give them the free session, which is going to save them x amount of dollars (the price of a SINGLE session sothey will see the VALUE of it)

This helps two-fold. First they purchase lotions at my establishment. Second - it gets the people who did not want to spend the extra money, the opportunity to use it and fall in love with it and continue using it. It works. It will cost you $1.00 - $3.50. Explain to the customer that they should use the lotion in 8 - 12 sessions so that they are getting the benefit of it.

Michael
Michael_W is offline   Reply With Quote