View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formulated Solutions

The story has come full circle now, thank you Chippp for finding the article, as I suspected, and I would hope that you will admit, this finding is completely different than what was commented on in your original post.

With regards to your post regarding my experience with Chlorine, I must admit my exposure, at least academically, has been limited… I have been swimming my whole life so I guess physical exposure is high… Undergraduate was in Chemistry and environmental toxicology, graduate was in biochemistry, and if I had not made the decision to drop out of school and sell lotions for a living, my Ph.D. studies were in natural products chemistry… (Oh well a couple hundred thesis pages to go, I finish that one of these free weekends.)

As far as chloroform in pools we all know that chloroform is an unfortunate by product commonly found in standard pool chlorine, not to mention the possible reaction of urea and chlorine under the perfect conditions can react to produce chloroform..

Chippp’s take home message…don’t let your children pee in the pool…..

Eric

[ This Message was edited by: Formulated Solutions on 2002-04-17 12:18 ][ This Message was edited by: Formulated Solutions on 2002-04-17 13:37 ]
Formulated Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote