Thread: ventilation
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2002, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sam James

mar63,

First of all, if you purchased your Vipers new and/or from a Montego Bay distributor, they should be happy to provde you with infomation about proper installation, venting, and cooling requirements fo the bed. The owners manual wil address some of your concerns as well.

To offer some assistance through this forum, I will provide some basic information on this equipment. The Viper has 40 160w VHR lamp and the room that this be is in should have approximately 1 ton of a/c pouring directly into the room. Venting the 10" exhaust into the space above your ceiling should be sufficient. If the acrylics are overheating to the point of burning your customers, then something is definately wrong and I suggest not running the bed in this condition. That much heat can possibly damage the unit, so something needs to be done. The Viper is not known for overheating. In fact the exhaust system provided on the Viper is really quite advanced and powerful, bt you still have to provde adeequte a/c.

The a/c may not be enough. The venting may be obstructed in some way. There may be some other air flow problem related to the bed or the building. I can't really determine the problem here and now, but tech support is available to help you. 1 800 FAST TAN is the number direct to the home office. Please call first thing Monday and speak to Bruce or Kori.

Chippp, obviously you feel standups are the only thing that is proper, but the fact is, they only represent a small fraction of the tanning equipment in salons today and that should tell you something.
Sam James is offline   Reply With Quote