View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
CHUNN

Rep Power: 25 CHUNN is just really nice CHUNN is just really nice CHUNN is just really nice CHUNN is just really nice
Max wanted us to schedule a conference call or chat for him to answer tough questions from the TanTalk moderators. This has been delayed too long. The TanTalk moderators have decided to post the questions here. This will allow Max to answer them at his leasure.

(1) Is there any way to lower the salon cost in Canada. Apparently, salon cost in Canada is much higher than US cost. She stated that they have a really hard time selling CalTan since the prices are so high. They have to retail Naughty & Nice for over $90, and no one is willing to pay that.

(2) Why did he allow Fusion to get dropped from the California Tan product line?

(3) How is Caltan compensating for the lost revenue of pulling out of beauty supply, internet sales, etc. You can't tell me that somehow that cost will not be passed onto salon owner's because it will. By demanding and clamping down on diversion... I fear that there is a high cost to that. I want to know what's changed since taking their strong stand on diversion.

(4) Why does tanning lotion have to be so expensive? I understand that all those special tanning ingredients like L-Tyrosine and such are used and that we need to make a profit, but why retail between $40 - $60? I would sell a lot more lotions if the price was lower and in reality I would make more money.

(5) Aren't salon owners shooting themselves in the foot by demanding an end to diversion? Won't this only cause the price of lotion to sky rocket and force tanners to seek their lotions from other companies who don't have an anti-diversion policy which will in effect snowball, dropping in-salon lotion sales, forcing companies such as Caltan to re-evaluate their stance on diversion?

(6) How long was the period of time from when you became aware of the problem of diversion and how it affected salon owners until you took action? What was the deciding factor in pulling out of beauty supply and internet sales that made you finally take action?

(7) What do you think the future holds for the ITA? How involved are you going to be in the goals of the ITA? Will the ITA ever enbrace the salon owners?

(8) If you could take a picture of the tanning industry 10 years from now and describe it how would it look?

(9) How do you feel about the scare tactics that ETS used pulling their advertising in response to your button campaign? What do you think now that they have decided to put their advertising back? How would you respond if you were censored by any of the major trade shows and told you couldn't pass out materials?

(10) What kind of long term affect do you see the antidiversion campaign will have on the overall tanning industry?

(11) What do you anticipate will be the next big crisis in tanning to affect salon owners? What is California Tan's expected response to this potential crisis?

(12) If the FDA decided to put a limit on the UVR that a client receives in a tanning salon during a year, will California Tan join forces and fight the FDA? Will they present at the upcoming hearings? If not, why not? If the FDA is successful in such limits, what direction will California Tan take for the future?

(13) What was your childhood like?

(14) What do you consider the main influence that allowed you to get to where you are in life?

(15) As a consumer, Pepsi, Coca-Cola and other such "big" companies nationally advertise. They educate me through their commercials and their products are an everyday staple in my life. The convenience store clerk, theater attendant and grocery store don't have to educate me on why I should buy a product. Why don't indoor tanning lotion companies such as California Tan promote their products on such a national level? Why is the sole responsibility for this exposure and education and consumers placed on the small shoulders of independent salon owners? Don't you think this is expecting an awful lot of them?

(16) Pretend you are a salon owner and CalTan does not exist. Which products would you carry and why?

(17) What's your dream job?

(18) Before going to work at CalTan, name a time when you listened to a customer and acted upon their wishes? Name a time when you didn't act upon those wishes?

(19) The music industry is controlled by the record companies. These companies decide when a record will be released, which singles will be released off of each record and what type of radio station is allowed to play which record. Do you think the tanning industry is like this? Is becoming like this? Should be like this? Should not be like this?

(20) If you do National Advertising like Pepsi and Coke, would that encourage diversion? Or could Caltan control that once they get in under control now?

21. What is the scoop on Sunergoline and Caltan?

TanTalk Administrator[ This Message was edited by: buntanner on 2002-02-04 12:41 ]
CHUNN is offline   Reply With Quote