View Single Post
Old 12-03-2001, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Soakinuptherays
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 24 Soakinuptherays has a spectacular aura about Soakinuptherays has a spectacular aura about
TanGirl,
I am very happy you are a customer and I thank you for your orders . I hope my
disagreement with Laurie will not effect our business relationship.

Laurie, asked people to hear both sides, I am simply offering to everyone my side of this story because I was not given the opportunity to offer my side of the story inside the Tantalk Moderators Forum.

I am sorry this has happen as well but I am now aware that Laurie called a moderator on
another board to "seek advice as well". At what point, does seeking "advice" from my
customers/prospects become bashing or blackmailing me and my company. I have
repeatedly tried to resolve this privately but she has failed to live up to our agreements.

Other than her demand first send me the money then I will send the stuff back. I tried sending $400 to see if that would get my stuff back but that failed. I gave up. Then I discovered what she was doing with her postings and phone calls.

Your right that 1099 rules indicate that I can not stop her for working for others at the same time she is working for me but she should have not used the phone lines I was
paying for to do it. That was wrong!

I do have the right to stop her for working for me because she was not getting the job
done.

The 1099 laws also indicate that I did not owe her any severance but I offered it in return for her sending my property back, turning off the toll free number and not making his public. All things she failed to promptly do, so she did not get the severance pay. She had to earn it, it was not a welfare check!

She made this "public" by repeatedly seeking "advice" from my customers and prospects in the Tantalk moderators forum and her direct phone calls. I believe she hoped that those customers/prospect would put pressure on me to get what she wanted but did not deserve.

Think, if you caught an employee selling hair care products to your tanners on your time using your phone and salon. You fired them because they were not getting the job do for you but this ex-employee had a key and demanded you give them "severance" pay they did not deserve in advance before you got the key back.

How would you react?

What if after a few days, she then offered to sell your key to several of your tanners or the salon down the block?

Just because you did not pay her? In trying to sell that key she told them "you know how she is" trying to make you look like a bad person just for not giving in to her demands.

How would you feel, you did nothing wrong but you are the being lied and talked about?

I have offered to pay Laurie's phone expenses under the conditions I outlined, I still have not receive any indication she plans on doing that either publicly or privately.

What else can I do?

I will not be blackmailed or intimidated, even if it cost me customers or prospects.

I tried being nice and it did not work.

I now have to act to get my side of the story out because she has been secretly telling my customers/prospects her side of the story. The problem is I do not know who she talked to. So, I told everyone. I did not have a choice.

I simply ask you to put yourself into my shoes.

What would you do?

Maybe what I did?

http://www.Soakinuptherays.com
Working to protect tanning salon owner profits from diversion (TM)

[ This Message was edited by: Soakinuptherays on 2001-12-03 20:11 ]
Soakinuptherays is offline   Reply With Quote