View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Indiana

I recently moved to a new town, and was starting to research opening my own salon, since it seemed there were none around here, and thought there was a market. Well after a search, and asking around to a lot of people I finally found a salon to tan at, they are not in the yellow pages and off the beaten path, and no advertising, but they are new and will be sticking around it looks like, it is pretty nice new Wolf beds, and a Heartland Standup, but they only have 4 20 minute beds, and 1 stand up, and 1 48 bulb superbed, anyway, I have given up thinking about opening one at the present time, just dont have the cash right now.

Anyway, there hours aren't the greatest, and I still just want to own one for the two of us in the house who are avid tanners. What should I look for, I know I dont want a 24 bulb bed, they are just too small for me, and like I said we tan almost daily. I dont want to look at any home systems do I? The 110V beds and # of bulbs and total wattage wont wont do, right? Should I look into used, a stand up, have to go with 220V, I have read nearly every post on this board, but will brand name really make much difference for home tanning and not constant use?

Any comments or suggestions appreciated, and I look forward to all your knowledgable replies.